Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pay It Forward...

I've always been a bit too generous; Giving out the clothes right off my back. This time though, there is no amount of generosity that could be too much. I have to share this love I've found in Jesus.

I've entitled this post "Pay It Forward..." because I don't think there is a need for me to tell Jesus about His own unending love. There are, however, hurting people to share this love with. There are lonely people who need to find the friendship that I've found in the Holy Spirit. There are fearful people who need my God's perfect love. There are people who need Jesus.

We've got to do more talking. We've got to do more sharing. We can't wait for the proverbial "somebody else" to do it. People need Jesus. I'm so emphatic about this because I remember how much I needed Jesus. I know the sweet sweet relief I've felt ever since He took hold of my heart.
So now whenever I see someone crying I ask Jesus to be everything to them. When I see someone in a heavy situation I ask Jesus to take the burden away. When I get a chance I tell people how much Jesus loves them I don't hold back.

There is no Christian that is exempt from the call to reconcile people to Christ. It's time for us to pay it forward. When we were children everyone told us how good it is to share. We would share, albeit a bit reluctantly, but we would do it every time because we wanted to do what was "good." There's no better time to share than now and there's no greater gift to share than the love of Christ.

"Hi...I don't want to take up too much of your time, but I have some amazing news..."


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment