Friday, October 9, 2009

The Cost of Freedom...


I've been thinking about this freedom I have in Jesus. I know what it feels like to be held back by thoughts that consume you. I know what it feels like to think that you're alone and that no one cares. I've been there. But with Jesus, I don't have to feel that way anymore. I'm free. I've found freedom in knowing that He'll never leave me. I've found freedom in His love. This freedom is given to me without cost, but that doesn't mean it didn't have a price.


When I think of what it cost Jesus to set me free; when I think of what God gave up so that I could be reconciled with Him...I can't help but to say, "Thank You." I realize that Jesus wasn't the one that sinned and got me into this mess that I call flesh. I realize that He's blameless and pure. I realize that He would have been justified if He decided not to come and rescue me. But my King- this Jesus- did not leave me in the place that I was. He gave all that He had, so that I can share in all that He has. His life for mine.


So here's the thing and this is my prayer: that we will never ever forget exactly what it cost Jesus so that we could be free from condemnation. He took the blame, the beatings, the ridicule and the shame. He did all that for us because He loves us so dearly. It cost Jesus everything to set us free; what are we willing to give in return?

No comments:

Post a Comment