Tuesday, January 5, 2010

...For He Cares for You...

The love of God for a fallen race was fully demonstrated at the cross of Christ. John 15:13 says:

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

There is no greater love than the love that God has for us. It is immeasurable. It is unchanging. It doesn't diminish and it doesn't desert. What astonishes me, however, is that this perfect, spotless, blameless, just, merciful, compassionate and almighty God not only loves us, but He cares for us. This amazes me. This is our God who created the earth on its axis, and then told it to spin so that each side could experience the sun. This God...this awesome God cares about you and me. Jeremiah 29:11 says:

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

PAUSE!

"You're thinking about me? You're thinking about me?"

Selah.

The Word of God says to us here says that this powerful, awesome, beautiful God is thinking thoughts of kindness and hope toward us. What is man that He is mindful of us? What is man that His mind is full of us? It says in Jeremiah that God is thinking of how to give us hope and a future. He's thinking of how to make our lives better. He's thinking thoughts of peace toward us. Not only does this God think loving thoughts toward us, not only did He demonstrate His love at the Cross of Christ, but He also says that we can give Him all of our burdens. In 1 Peter 5:7 the Bible tells us to cast all our anxiety and cares and worries on to the Lord because He cares for us. He cares enough to take on our worries. That is kindness in great magnitude.

I pray that we will all experience this love of God in it's entirety. I pray that we will understand that He cares for us. I pray that we will find confidence in the fact that there is Someone who thinks about us and makes plans for out future and wants to see us happy. I pray that we will know the love of Christ so that we will be filled with all the fullness of who He is.


1 comment:

  1. ABSOLUTELY Awesome...Man....the creator of the Universe is actually thinking about and planning how to make MY life better! Now....that is breathtaking....to know that The GREATEST knows my name :-)

    ReplyDelete