Monday, January 18, 2010

Appreciation...

This post is one that flows from a very personal place in my heart. I just wanted to take a moment to tell the entire world wide web that I appreciate and respect Jesus for shedding His blood for me. I wanted to let the lot of you know that I appreciate the Holy Spirit for being a friend to me when there was absolutely no reason for Him to stick around. I wanted to express my appreciation to my Father, who tells me that I'm beautiful on days when I feel less than. This my heavenly Father -who goes before me to guide my path and also comes behind me to guard it- has my heart.

God has forgiven me for and brought me through very much. He did not have to. This notion is impressed upon me heavily. The superheroesque feat of the Cross of Christ is twisted and insane by any human standard. Knowing this makes me absurdly grateful that the King that is greater than every other king is not human at all. Romans 5:6-8 (NIV) says much about the bloody task of Jesus:

6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Just at the right time...a hero to a fallen race came to redeem us. While we were still powerless, He did the unthinkable and died so that we would not have to die. I love that this verse doesn't hide the ugly truth. It is true that you'd be hard-pressed to locate a man that would die for another man; even if both these men were more righteous than the purest form of nature. But while we were still sinners Christ died for us. This truth is nothing short of amazing and captivating.

I write this post because my heart is grateful. I am grateful for the Cross-endeavor that saved my fate. I am grateful because even after the Cross -the greatest exhibition of love- my God still took the time to save me from my past, to orchestrate my present and to give me hope for the future. And so I appreciate Him...I appreciate Him, I appreciate Him, I appreciate Him. I want everyone to know this love that I know. Let's talk more about Him. Let's do more for Him. Let's all say and do more.

1 comment:

  1. Remain blessed and highly favored. Thank God that you are grateful for His sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete