Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Precious Blood...

I've grown to understand the precious nature of the Blood of Jesus. I know that I haven't even scratched the surface of the depth of its power, but I know that it is very precious. This Blood is so precious that it was the only thing that could be poured out to save a people who were hopelessly lost.

The Word is Romans 5:6-8 (NIV) explains the beauty of the Cross of Christ:

6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.
7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die.
8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

I love these verses. These verses tell the story of grace. They tell the story of a free gift. Jesus came to die for us when we had nothing. God sent His only Son when we were nothing. While we were still filthy in the depth of our sin, Jesus shed His blood to provide a way back to the Father. There is nothing in heaven or on earth that has the power that the Blood of Jesus has. Nothing else has the ability to bring us to the place of repentance. Nothing else has the power to justify us. Nothing else could rend the veil that separated us from our Creator. Nothing else could pay the debt that we owe because of the wretched nature of sin. It is only the Blood. It is only the Cross of Christ.

Because Jesus died on the cross, I am forgiven. My life was saved because He forfeited His own. I'm eternally grateful that God demonstrated His love for us in this way. We weren't good. We were not righteous. We were sinners. It was while we were in this state that God chose to send His Son.


"...Because a sinless Saviour died
My sinful soul is counted free
For God, the Just, is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment