Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Behold What Manner of Love...

There's something very humbling about the thought of God's unconditional love...

I've been confronted with myself so many times...I mean I've had to take long hard looks at the woman I am...at the girl I used to be...and at who I'll become, and a lot of the time its a very scary sight...but God still loves me...and wants a relationship with me. He doesn't ask for anything in return, really...Yeah...He wants me to evangelize and to serve and to show love, but lets just be honest here...those very things are borne purely out of relationship with Him...so all He wants is relationship...and He knows (and I know) that its in the place of that relationship that my whole life's purpose becomes clear...suddenly I can see...and I can feel...and I can dream and hope...He gives me all that and so much more...and all He wants is relationship...

Sometimes I really sit and think...and it just seems so surreal..."Do I really get to call Your Name? Do I really get to talk to You? To sing and write songs for You? Do I really get to get a wealth of wisdon and knowledge when I read Your Word? Do I really get to bask in Your Presence? Do I really get to have all my sins washed away by Your Blood?" This love doesn't make the least bit of sense in my limited mind, but my heart and my soul and the core of who I am (my core is in Him) is completely drawn to this wonderful Essence of who God is...

I'm still learning, still grasping just how wide, and how deep, and how long God's love is...but the little bit I've encountered has gotten me hooked...I could look into the eyes of every human being that has ever said they loved me, and the next day those same eyes could hold a wealth of hatred and judgement...but never Jesus' eyes...His eyes always say, "I love you...I know you...I accept you..." and let me be honest...sometimes I don't believe Him...I think, "Look at me...how could You love me? How could You accept me?" and then He says, "No, you look at me..." and thenI believe Him...I really do...

Even when I fail, He loves me...even when people say bad things about me, that doesn't change how He sees me...even when I don't feel Him near, I know that He's still there...and for these reasons, I absolutely adore Him...and no one could make me walk away...no matter how many times I mess up I'll always run right back to Him...I have no other place to go...


My God is powerful, and almighty, and omnipotent, and righteous, and just and true, and He's pure in all Him ways...so if He chooses to love me...who am I to contend?


1 John 3:1, Romans 8:38-39, Jeremiah 31:3, Ephesians 3:17-19....


I love because He loves...

No comments:

Post a Comment